Hi friends! It’s been a while. So COVID-19 has hit. Whew. Simplicity is key for me in the kitchen right now. I’d like to share a recipe from a cookbook called The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom.
It’s called “perfect” chicken breast. Minimal ingredients, healthy, can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner… or a snack!
- Cooking fat (olive oil, butter, or my preference, Ghee)
- 2 chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat chicken breasts dry and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat cooking fat in skillet on medium-high.
- Add chicken breasts — rounded side down — and sear for 5 min. Meanwhile, prep a sheet pan with a piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place chicken breasts on sheet pan and bake for approx. 13 min. (Cookbook says between 10-15 but I’ve found 13 min. to be the sweet spot.)
- Test middle of chicken breast with knife and fork and tweak baking time to your liking 🙂
Namaste. May food bring you some peace and comfort.